The series “The Handmaid’s Tale” based on the novel by Margaret Atwood. The main action takes place in the near future, in a totalitarian theocratic state that emerged on the territory of modern USA. The main character was separated from her beloved family totalitarian government.
She was sent to a specific private center for women who will become mothers of children from high-ranking officials and the military. The woman will not only save his life but to try to find his family and also to undermine the absolute power of the maniacal rulers.
The series was released around the world in April 2017. The Director of the project became notorious Mike Barker. Every single episode of “Maids” has received very high reviews from both the audience and the various film critics. Inspired by this success, the authors of the series decided to begin shooting the third season. The main role in the sequel still takes the attractive Elizabeth moss.
The actress said that he is happy to play the main role in this action-Packed drama based on the popular sci-Fi novel. Shooting the sequel of “the Maids” will be held in major canadian cities.
- In one of the episodes of the small role is played by the Creator of the novel “the handmaid’s tale” Margaret Atwood. She wrote her novel in 1985.
- Directors and producers of the show were forced to miss some scenes from the book to have the ability to include black characters in the picture.
- Some characters of the series, unlike their prototypes in the book, much younger. Perhaps the creators of the project consciously took this step to give all the characters more charm and charisma.
- The totalitarian regime that seized power in the United States, the series and the book is called “Gilead”. This word is repeatedly mentioned in the Bible as the place where is located a spring of healing balm.
- The series has received many prestigious awards, including an Emmy.
“The Handmaid’s Tale” season 3 – series release date
|Episode number||Name||Release date|
|3×01||Episode 1||April 2019|
The management team
Directors of the series are Mike Barker. He is the author of such films as “Murder on the beach”, “Versailles”, “Redemption”, “Good woman”, etc. In collaboration with him are hazel Skogland (“Vikings”, “the Punisher Borgia”, “the End game”) and reed Morano (“search”, “the Third act”, “Kill your darlings”).
Starring in the series played by Elisabeth moss (“Mad men,” “the Embodiment of fear,” “girl, Interrupted”), Max Minghella (“Elvis and Anabelle”, “staff” and “the Ninth life”) and Yvonne Strahovski (“Chuck”, “24”, “Live to fight another day”).